Monday, March 5, 2018

Monday March 5th, 2018

Hey guys!








Okay, so first off, Daniel's baptism. Well, his baptism was last Saturday, and he had his interview the Thursday before. We went to visit him that Wednesday to see how he was feeling and what not. He told us that he no longer wanted to be baptized that Saturday. My companion started off on a long trail of blabber, and then it was my turn to talk.  I asked why he didn't want to be baptized. He said that he wanted to learn more. I then asked him if he believed that God was his Father in Heaven, to which he said yes. I then asked him if he believed that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. He said yes. I then asked him if he believed that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God, and he responded, yes. I then proceeded to explain that if Joseph Smith was a Prophet, then the church is true, and he started to nod his head in agreement.  I then said, we'll see ya tomorrow at 6 for you interview and he said okay. After his interview he gave us a hug and told us that he felt the most wonderful feeling during the interview and that he had prayed the night before telling God that if he felt something in the interview he would get baptized, and he felt it! He also said that he felt the same feeling when he entered that baptismal font. He is now preparing to receive the Aaronic Priesthood, and yesterday he fasted for a job that has Sundays off. He's doing amazing!






We also had splits on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Tuesday we went with the President's Assistants. We dropped off our backpacks with our extra clothes, deodorant, hair gel, etc. and went to work. When we got back to the apartment at night, we found it odd that the front door was wide open. When we got closer we saw that someone had broken the door handle and broken in to the apartment. They stole both of our backpacks and some other things from the apartment. But the coolest part was seeing the Lord's hand in it. Even though they broke in and stole some of our stuff, none of us felt mad, but the coolest part is that they left our garments in the apartment for some reason. They also left my towel and sandals which I am grateful for because I only have one towel and one pair of sandals. They also left my pjs. What made me sad was that they stole my razor that fits all the blades I have...I lost a white shirt and socks.


He got a haircut!!!!!  Much better!

But all in all I'm doing great! My Spanish continues to mejorar (improve) as do my teaching skills. I'm really enjoying being out in the mission field. I hope all's going good back home! I love you guys! 




Photo sent to Alisa from Elder Brown's mom.  Elder Brown is the one with "thumbs up" in the back.  Forest and his companion were helping Elder Brown and his companion move.  They went to Dairy Queen after to thank them for their help. 




Have a great week!
-Elder Radmall






Questions:

Dad: Last week's question: We honestly don't pull any pranks.   (What's the biggest prank you've done on a companion and what pranks have been done to you?)  This week's question: Apart from the robbery, nothing. It's pretty low key here.  (What's the most dangerous or scary situation you've been in?)

Mom:  Last week's question: Using simple examples that makes them feel included.  (What is your favorite way to teach children?)  This week's question: They're doing really good.  (How are your clothes holding up after being hand washed all the time?)

Holly:  Last week's question: Simba, Scooby Doo, and Mickey Mouse.  ( What are your top 3 cartoon characters?)  This week's question: That we lived before we were born on the earth.  (What part of the Plan of Salvation is the hardest for people to comprehend?)

Sam:  Last week's question: A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, for the story it tells.  (What is your favorite hymn and why?)  This week's question: Not that I remember.  (I have a rash from my long cast.  Did you ever get a rash from yours?)

Dylan:  Last week's question: Que Dios cuida a las personas que están guardando sus mandamientos... That God cares for people who are keeping his commandments.   (Quiero saber lo que piensas que Moisés 7 versículo 18-23 es sobre tu opinión.... I want to know what you think Moses 7 verse 18-23 is about your opinion.) This week's question: Joseph Smith's First Prayer.  (What hymn would you want me to be able to play for you when you get home?)

No comments:

Post a Comment