Sunday, May 13, 2018

Monday May 7th, 2018

Hey guys!

Congrats Sam on going to the Temple! That makes me super happy that you want to be in the House of the Lord. I know you had ISATs, and it was super early in the morning, but I also know that the Lord blessed you immensely for going to the Temple. Great job on working for the Lord!

  

(Forest got to call one last time as a missionary for Mother's Day.  He called from a member's home.  He had to think about how to say some words in English.  We talked about what he wants to eat when he gets home in 4 weeks...steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, and a good salad with ranch dressing.  He also mentioned wanting desserts and jerky.  Sounds like he has missed meat.)

We've been working crazy hard! Committing people to go to church every day of the week, doing brief visits every day, sending message reminders every night, and praying for them. And only one kid went. I don't know what else we can do to help them. But on the bright side, the kid that went is named Jesús, and he´s 12 years old. He loved church! At first, he helped us convince his mom to let him go, then we talked to the Young Men's President to invite him to mutual on Friday, and then Jesús told us, and his mom that he wants to go to mutual and to church again on Sunday! It was awesome! We're now trying to focus on his entire family. Yesterday we gave service as well to them. His mom makes tortillas, so we helped her make 15 kilos of tortillas! haha but as we were making the tortillas, we talked about the Plan of Salvation. It was a pretty cool experience.

There was a lot more reverence at church yesterday as well, which I really appreciated! I hope it continues to get better!

I love you all! Have a great week!  Talk you to in 2 hours!  (He called for Mother's Day on his p-day.)





-Elder Radmall


Videos from our Mother's Day Skype call...(Funny thing...Forest could not hear his mom's voice very well...haha!)













Questions:

Dad: Yes, I still get hot easy, but I'm sure I'll freeze back home.    It's being received really well. Yesterday, priesthood was on ministering, and how we do it. I´m really excited to work with it back home. (Do you still get hot easy? You may freeze here:) Also, How has the ministering been received in Mexico?)  (your questions from your letter) More about the city- it´s pretty dirty. There are immigrants from Central America travelling to the U.S. who beg for money at a few speed bumps. How is street contacting now that you know Spanish- a lot better, and a lot easier. It's now a lot easier to get to know the person and relate something to the gospel. Do you run into gangs?- there really aren't gangs here like back home, they travel more in secret for the most part. From what I've heard, they only travel in big groups when they're going to fight.

Mom: Raul still hasn't decided to get baptized, and 5 de Mayo practically doesn't exist here.  (Any news on Raul getting baptized?  How was Cinco de Mayo? )

Holly: To Los Cabos, and I've heard that Mazatlán is really pretty.  (Would you want to take your wife back to your mission?  If so, what are the top places that you would want to take her?)

Sam: I like knowing where the food comes from, and potatoes.  What is your favorite thing about having a garden?  What is your favorite plant to grow in the garden?)   (your questions from your letter) ideas for downstairs- a workout area. Are you excited to go to Garden Valley? yes.  Should I (Sam) buys a pistol from the S.O.? yes. How tall are you? 5ft 11in Shoe size? 10 1/2. Favorite color? blue.

Dylan: I'm not exactly sure, I like a lot of them. But I'm gonna let my wife pick.  ( What temple do you want to be married in?)  (question from you letter) what song should I play with Holly at the piano? The Spirit of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment