Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday October 17th, 2016

Hey guys!                                                                       


Holly! umm I mean Eagle Eye haha That's frickin awesome! I've missed hunting so much! I wish I could've been there so bad! (Editor's note:  Holly got her cow elk)   I'm kinda jealous of you getting to hike the Grand Canyon, that's awesome! I really want to see it! You'll have to take lots of pictures!



            Elder Radmall and Elder Atkins

This past week I ran into Elder Atkins. (Editor's note:  Clark Atkins is from our stake.  He graduated a year before Forest.)  I guess he was guessing Mexico for my mission, but in Guadalajara, which isn't too far off. The guy with the Book of Mormon with my name in it was Juan Garcia. (See last week's post)  He's the guy from New York that I was telling you about earlier. His baptism is this Saturday. He understands things so fast and just keeps telling us that it feels perfect. He quit smoking and drinking before our first visit, just after the street contact. He's really grown in the gospel!

I thought of a question this week. What gun is Sam using if Dylan is using the 3030?  (Editor's note:  Sam is using Holly's 7mm-08 now that Holly has come home early from hunting.)

I also got 4 letters this week. One from Grandma and Grandpa Radmall, sent August 29, to the Mission Home. Then I got three from Grandma Tucker, sent August 30, September 11, and September 20. She uses DearElder and it seems to be faster.

The other night, at about 2 a.m., we heard something outside of our house that we thought was a burglar, turns out it was just a couple of cats that had gotten into our garbage. I hate cats. haha

I found a scripture that I really like, and would've been awesome for my mission plaque. 3 Nephi 5:13..."Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."   I also like what it says in the Bible Dictionary under Temple: Last sentence of the first paragraph..."Only the home can compare with the temple in sacredness."

Last Saturday, the Opening Day of the Elk Hunt, well ... it sucked. It was super hard to focus on the lessons. Everything seemed to remind me of hunting. It sucked. I hope you guys are having a great time up there!

Last night Elder Vargas woke me up at 3 a.m. because he was not feeling good at all. His head was really hurting and he couldn't sleep. He asked me to give him a blessing, so I did, in Spanish. It was the first blessing I've given in Spanish, and it was super simple, but he was able to sleep, and was feeling better this morning.


 Earlier today we went bowling, which was a lot of fun, even though I suck. haha They were playing some  80s rock there though. They played   Livin' on a Prayer, Born in the U.S.A.  (which I thought was kinda funny haha) and they played Dancin in the        Dark. I had forgotten what good  music sounds like haha. 









We still go to the Ricci home quite often, and her husband is still friendly to us. 

The members do not get to go to the Temple very often, which sucks, but oh well.

I was washing my clothes earlier, and I always save the socks for last, I don't know why, but I do. Anyway, I was washing my socks, and after I wash them, I wring them out, and whip them at my side to get most of the water out. On one of them, I didn't put my arm out far enough, and my thumb came down on the corner of the cement sink. It hurt like a mother! The bone is just a little bruised, but it still hurts a lot. 

I love you guys! I hope you guys are having fun up in the mountains! It's almost like my body knows it's hunting season, it kinda sucks haha  Good luck! Mom, I hope you're having fun at the house! Stay safe!

Elder Radmall


I forgot to tell you guys... The other night as we were walking home, this drunk guy tried to give me his kid! haha! The kid was freaking out and clinging to his dad. The guy said that we'll have to try again the next night. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment