Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24, 2016


                                                                                 
Hey guys!


     Congratulations to all of you! That hunt sounds awesome!!! I wish I could've been there! Holly, that's a huge cow! Nice job! Sam, geez! Congrats! I really want to shoot an Antelope, and it looks like you got a good one! Dylan, way to go buddy! I went several years without getting a buck! Nice Job! I can't wait to check out Dylan Canyon. Thanks for all the pictures! (Editors note: The canyon Dylan shot his buck in was renamed for him!)

     Last week I went on splits with our District Leader, Elder Houg. We did a lot of walking and contacting, and we had awesome Quesadillas! Elder Vargas reached the 6 month mark and burned a tie, only it proved to be more difficult then he thought. He had alcohol for his bug bites that he drenched his tie in it, but it didn't burn. So, I opened my sunscreen and sprayed the crap out of it, and that thing lit!



     One of the days last week, we didn't have a food appointment, so Elder Vargas taught me how to make Enchiladas Suisas. They are awesome! I took a picture of the recipe, after I wrote it down so I can make it for you guys when I get home. Part of the recipe is to make Salsa Verde. If you make Salsa Verde and pour it in eggs after you scramble them, obviously eating them with tortillas haha it's really good too!





     On Saturday, while we were walking home, this guy at a food place yelled at us, so we went over to him. He wanted to feed us, so we let him. In this restaurant they never freeze the meat, so it's always fresh. He made a shrimp burger and a pork burger. He cut them both in half so we could each try one. They were really good! He gave us fries too.


 (Culiacan Area)


     One of the days last week, we were at the church, and this truck driver that was parked in front, came over to talk to us. He knew English and was telling us about being a truck driver. He was from Durango. He was LDS, and I told him that I wanted to be a mechanic when I got home, and he said that's a good job. He also laughed and said that I would need to get a girlfriend too. haha
Juan's baptism was really good! Another one of our investigators, Paola Rojo, came, and she said that she wants to get baptized too! The Spirit is super strong at baptisms. On Sunday I did the confirmation and did an okay job.



     These past four months have flown by! I have a few more scriptures for you guys. 3 Nephi 18: 18-21, 24. This is when Jesus is talking and instructing the Nephites in the Americas. 
Then I thought of the false phrase "Seeing is believing" when I read these verses: 2 Cor. 5:6-7 then 3 Nephi 2:1

(Culiacan Area)


     I bought a soccerball a little while ago, and we went to put more air in it. Elder Vargas asked the guy at the bicycle shop if he had the equipment for it, and he said yes. He also said that it wouldn't cost anything. When he handed me my soccerball, I said Gracias. And he was like "Do you know English" and I said "Si" and he said "Do you know Spanish" and in Spanish, I said yeah, a little. It was really funny.


   


  Elder Vargas and I are staying here for another transfer.
Yes, they do have a grocery store. It's called Bodega Aurrera
I ran into Elder Atkins at the church building close to the mission offices
My hardest trial... honestly, not being able to go hunting has been pretty hard.
Yes, I have received a blessing in the CCM (MTC). Our whole District gave each other blessings the day before we left.

I love you guys!
Elder Radmall

No comments:

Post a Comment