Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday December 12th, 2016

Hey! Thanks for the pictures! I really miss the snow!

Questions answered from last week...

Dad: The hardest thing... honestly, I think it's the language barrier. I know what I want to say, and how I want to say it, but it's hard for me to say it that way in Spanish. I can understand most things, but have a harder time talking. I was told at 6 months in the field you can say just about what ever you want, so I only have 2 months.

Mom: Well, they don't really do it very much.  At every lunch appointment we teach them about what they're supposed to do that day but, I don't think they do it.  :(  (Are they doing The Light of the World Initiative (serving others each day the way that Christ did ) in your area?)

Holly: So, in this new area, all the roads are cement! I never thought I'd miss cement roads haha! The new ward is a lot smaller, but a lot more inviting.

Sam: I really like my new area! apart from the steep hills haha! I'l have to get a picture of some.

Dylan: Yes, I'm studying the bible. More than studying the Bible, I study by topic.

Forest's new Zone.  Forest is on the back row, 2nd from the left.   Back row, 3rd from the left is Elder Clark Atkins.  Clark is from our stake.  Clark's companion is Elder Meadows...Forest's companion from the MTC.



So, this week was super rough. I was super sick! It got to the point that Hermana Gabaldón (the mission president's wife) told me to go to the hospital. I had a headache, fever, my stomach really hurt, and my back was sore. They pumped me full of IVs and I felt a lot better! On Thursday, I had a fever of 102, so we just hung out in the house. It was not the way we wanted to spend our first week in the new area.

(This is not how you want to see your missionary!)




Better!


Elder Hernandez is awesome! He's super funny! He's from San Luis, Potosi. He's the only member in his family.
Elder Hernandez









I opened the package from you guys! It was awesome! Thanks Dad, Mom, Holly, Sam, Dylan, Grandma and Grandpa Radmall, Grandma and Grandpa Tucker, Jeni, and Bob. I split it with Elder Hernandez, and we're sharing the bigger stuff, which he thought was pretty cool!

  


Also, thanks Sheen Family!  (A family in our ward)  I received the package from you guys this week! Thanks for the support, and thanks for thinking of my companion as well! Thanks!

  


I also got a letter from Grandma and Grandpa Tucker sent the 10th of Oct.



  


Alma 37:37 "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good."

Elder Radmall



Final photos with Elder Vargas


Back and forth between Forest and Mom:

Mom:  How was the hospital...modern?  What did they determine was wrong with you? 
Forest:  It was pretty modern. The thermometer was one that you put under your arm though haha!  ummm I'm not quite sure. They just gave me a bunch of pills to take haha!
Mom:  Did you understand what you were supposed to take and when?
Forest:  Yeah. They also wrote it out for me. I could understand it, but if I couldn't, my companion knows English.
Mom:  Good!  Are you feeling better now?
Forest:  Yup! I feel normal.
Mom:   The package from Sheens got to you fast!
Forest:  About 2 weeks. It was sent on Priority Mail.
Mom:  Nice!  We better go!!  Love you buddy!!  (We were at my work Christmas party.)
Forest:  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment