Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday September 25th, 2017 (Today is Forest's 20th birthday)

Hey guys! 



Wow, these transfers were pretty tough. I felt like I was leaving home again. But I didn't cry ;) Haha! Our ward mission leader, Bro. Fidel, is 73, and is like a grandpa to me. He helped us a ton! After the church services he gave me a hug and said, don't ever forget me. If you do, it´s a sin. Haha! He's an awesome guy! I was able to take a lot of pictures this week which was nice, because I won't be able to see these people for quite a while, not even in a stake conference because I was transferred to Cabo San Lucas on the Baja.  My area doesn't have any beach. But since I'm a Zone Leader, I'll be able to have splits where the beach is.

















                       





My companion's name is Elder Antonio. He's from Veracruz. His dad owns his own sugar plant. He's pretty cool, so we'll see how it goes.


Elder Juarez (left) and Elder Radmall with some members
















I'm pretty excited for this new opportunity to serve, but a little stressed out as well. It doesn't help that I'm also a little sick. :(

Earlier this week, we had splits with the Zone Leaders in Culiacan for 50 hours. Since they live really far from our house, we had to spend the night in their house. The splits were pretty interesting. Elder Morales and I made a contact in English which was weird. And it didn't help that the guy said that he's Joseph from the Bible, and that Mary is in Salt Lake City Haha! It was pretty weird. We were in splits for so long because we had a baptismal interview for Efrén in Navolato, so one of the Zone Leaders had to go, and the sister missionaries in my district had a baptismal interview as well, but in the evening. So I worked in Culiacan again with Elder Johnson, and Elder Juárez went with Elder Morales to Navolato. Since we got back to Navolato late, they had to sleep in our area.
















The baptism of Efrén was really cool. Today, Monday, he had surgery on his arm due to a motorcycle accident. He was supposed to have it last Tuesday, but since his baptism was scheduled for Saturday, he didn't want to chance not being able to so, he moved his surgery date. He wasn't able to plug his nose due to his right arm, but Bro. Fidel baptized him very carefully and all went well.



















It was a great week! I just wish I could get feeling better. Have a great week!

-Elder Radmall

YIKES!!!
































Questions:

Dad: No, it was at night and we were sound asleep. (We received an email from your Mission President about an earthquake in your mission, did you feel it?)

Mom:They shout something, but I'm not exactly sure what, because we weren't allowed to go. Other than that, just a lot of beer haha (Tell us about Mexico's Independence Day celebrations and things.)

Holly: Honestly, it's sometimes hard. Especially when there are a lot of distractions like kids playing around, music in the street, or if the t.v. is on.  (How is easy is it to teach by the spirit?)

Sam: I'm not sure what it's called, but it's in the shape of a star, and yes it's really good. The water they make from it is really good as well.  (What is the weirdest fruit or vegetable that you have eaten on your mission and did you like it?)

Dylan: We don't have a ton of time to play games which kinda sucks. "young colt"  (What is your favorite game to my play on your mission?..."Old man"!!  :))




No comments:

Post a Comment