Monday, September 4, 2017

Monday September 4th, 2017

Hey guys!

The time is flying by! I can´t believe that I've been in this area for almost 6 months! 



This week was pretty good! Last Monday my companion almost got hit by a car haha!  We had bought our groceries and we were on our way back home on our bikes. He went to go around a bus, and a car drove by him hitting his bag with groceries. It was crazy close!






































Abél and Anahí continue to progress a lot. This week we had the lesson on temples with them and they really enjoyed it, especially since Anahí´s mom died recently. Abél had the question of how can the Lord be in the temple, if the scriptures say that where two or three are gathered in my name, there will I be also. I looked at him and said, "Where do you live?" he answered, "Here, in my house." I responded, "and do you go and visit people every once in a while?" to which he said "yes". I then asked him, "After your visit where do you go?" he answered, "My house." I said, " that´s exactly how Christ works. He has His house in the temples, but through the Holy Ghost He can come visit us." He loved the answer.

Anahí is really timid and quiet, and hasn't prayed in front of us yet, so when we were ready to finish the lesson, I looked at her and asked, "Anahí, do you have confidence in us?" to which she said "yes" I then said that "we'd like to end with a prayer, and that if Anahí would offer it." She accepted and prayed amazingly. Even remembering to end in the name of Jesus Christ. It was awesome! They even paid their tithing on Sunday.

Later in the week, we went to visit Fidel, our mission leader. He´s a really good guy. His wife died almost two years ago and he lives alone. He goes out and visits all sorts of people, but no one ever visits him, so we went and shared a scripture, and just talked with him for a little while. We're gonna talk to Abél and Anahí since they live close to him, and see if they can visit him once a week or so.























Have a great week! I love you guys!

Forest

Questions:

Dad: No, and no. We can´t even go to Gardens or Museums anymore. (Do they have Mexican rodeos in your area and can you go?)

Mom: The regular barber. On the package, I talked to the secretaries, and they don´t know where my package is, but they´re looking for it. (Do you go to regular barber to get your hair cut or does a member do it?)

Holly: Yeah (Do the little kids like you?)

Sam: I don´t think so, because we have transfers on my birthday haha! (Do you think that anyone will make you a cake for your birthday?)

Dylan: Not really. (Have you seen any cool jewelry?)

No comments:

Post a Comment