Monday, October 2, 2017

Monday October 2nd, 2017






This week was decent. I was actually really sick for most of it, so we didn't get to work like we wanted to, but oh well. I had to go to the hospital to have some tests done. Not sure what the sickness is called, but it was a bacteria. I´m taking 1240 mg of pills every day. I'm livin' the high life haha!

To add on top of the sickness, our apartment didn't have water for 5 days, which sucked! It made life quite a bit harder, but we now have water, which makes the apartment seem even nicer.  I'll have to take some pics of the apartment so you can see it.

I brought most of my stuff out here to Cabo.  Church is at 10:00am.  I was not able to eat my birthday cake.  A family in Navolato made the cake, but then I had to leave early.  The weather is super hot...I really miss the cold.

Snake skin
 


While we were contacting the other day, a drunk fell down to the ground and started waving his hands and arms up and down worshiping us and grumbling some words that we didn't understand. My companion felt pretty uncomfortable, but I just thought it was funny. haha!






Since my companion has a Costco card, we went to Costco to buy food for the month, which was pretty cool. It's been so long since I've been to Costco. We made sure to sample a lot of stuff, and eat a foot-long hot-dog with refillable pop for only $1.75 in dollars. It was awesome!






While at Costco, I saw more Americans than I have in my entire mission. I felt really weird hearing a ton of English. But I met a guy named Stanley, who's from Washington State, but is retired and living here in Cabo San Lucas. He's been living here for 33 years, and has been married for 65 years. He said that I was a good boy, and that I reminded him of his grandson.

I also ran into a fishing guide, and made sure to get his business card for some future day :)



The work is going ok. The elders that left the area to us left it pretty broken. But we're putting on our duty boots and goin' to work. We're ready to go with all we got this week!

Have a great week!

-Elder Radmall

Questions:

Dad: The nice brick one. My ward is called Cabo San Lucas 2. This Zone is pretty big. There are 10 Sisters, and 10 Elders. Stop laughing at how many sisters there are and start praying for me hahaha!  No, President doesn't come over here too often. Which means that a lot of missionaries aren't being super obedient. But we'll fix that.  (Cabo has two church buildings, that I can find on Google Earth.  Which one to you go to? Old white one or nice brick one?)

Mom: I really liked the talk by Dallin H. Oaks. Because he talked about rejecting any and all things that are not up to God's standards, and that Exaltation is a family matter.  (What was your favorite talk in General Conference and why?)  Link to that talk below...

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2017/04/the-godhead-and-the-plan-of-salvation?lang=eng


Holly: Having to call all of the missionaries and to help fix their problems.  (What is the hardest thing about being zone leader?)


Sam: I was sick on my birthday, so we didn't do much.  (How was your birthday?  Did you get your cake?)

Dylan: No, we didn't have cake.  ( Did your face get shoved in the cake on your birthday again?)

No comments:

Post a Comment