Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday August 28th, 2017

Hey guys! This week was pretty good! So we were contacting some people earlier this week, and after a little bit of time, they asked us where we were from. My companion said that he wasn't from Navolato, and that he's from Honduras. I looked at them and said with a straight face that I was from Navolato. They didn't laugh or anything, they just said said, "No, you're from like, Spain for the paler colored skin." I then told them that I was from the U.S., so I guess my Spanish is doing okay. haha



 








Abél and Anahí were baptized this week. We had planned to have the baptism on Saturday, but a member passed away this week, and her funeral was in the church, so we had to change the baptism to Sunday evening. On Saturday night, we got a phone call saying that the church is having problems with the internet, so we'd have to go somewhere else to watch the transmission of Stake Conference. Which made it really hard for investigators, but Abél and Anahí went, and even asked for a tithing envelope. It was awesome!





Another investigator that we have, Santiago, has been receiving the missionary lessons for almost two years now. He knows the lessons and has a testimony of this work, but couldn't kick the habit of smoking. He was smoking 2 packs a day, but we've been working with him, and we're now down to zero cigarettes a day. He's no longer smoking!


The member with the jeep, Jaime, knows some magic tricks, and I have no idea how he did this one. He had me write the name of four girls on four separate pieces of paper. I folded the papers and handed them to him. He had me choose one of the pieces and look at the name, but not show him. We then burned the pieces of paper. Jaime then grabbed the ashes and rubbed them on his arm, and the name of the girl that I had chosen showed up on his arm. It just so happened that the girl I like was the name that showed up on his arm. I have no idea how he did it without knowing her name.

Well, my ingrown toenail grew back as another ingrown toenail, so that sucks!


Yikes!!!


Have a great week! I love you guys!

-Elder Radmall


Questions:

Dad: The boardwalk.  (What's the coolest place you seen in Navolato?)

Mom: We haven´t seen any changes yet, but yes I plan on buying a flag. Do you want a full size one as well, or smaller?  (Mexican Independence Day is coming up soon.  What changes around town on that day?  (Things closed, parades etc.)  Is that when you buy your flag?  ( If you buy us one I will pay you back!!! 😊 ) )

Holly: Yeah, the church is the same throughout the world.  ( Do they have stake conference down there twice a year like we do?)

Sam: Welding  (What is the biggest thing you miss about school?)

Dylan: Jesus the Christ, because it explains His life in greater detail.  ( From your assigned books that you study, which one is your favorite and why?)


No comments:

Post a Comment