Monday, December 11, 2017

Monday December 11th, 2017

Hey guys!

Well, first off, my toe. It's doing a ton better! The doctor still hasn't told me I can get out and go like normal, but we're doing it anyway. This week I started to use my normal shoe because I've gotten sick and tired of my sandal ha-ha!  It seems to be working just fine!

























So, the other day we were walking to an appointment in an apartment. The apartment that we were going to is set behind an apartment where a member lives. While we were walking up to the apartments, the Sister walked out of her apartment smoking a cigarette! In my mind I was like what?! When she saw us, she got really embarrassed and hid her cigarette behind her back. We actually eat with her every other week, and she's got a good sense of humor. I walked up to her, and just smiled and said, "Let's see if we have a gift for you haha!" I reached inside my bag and pulled the pamphlet entitled "The Word of Wisdom" and handed it to her smiling. She started to laugh a little and just shook her head. She felt awful though. I don't know if she read it or not, but I had to lighten the mood for her a little.




Well, I haven't really described what Cabo San Lucas is to you guys, so I guess it's time. My area is the area farthest away from the beach, which means it's the area furthest away from the touristy parts. The touristy parts are really cool according to the pics that I've seen, but my area is a little more poor. There are a lot of sand/dirt streets with a lot of homes made out of scrap wood and metal. There are a ton of little kids and dogs running around everywhere. If you'd like to look it up on Google maps, our area is from the Colonia Lomas del Sol to the Colonia Gastelum.




My companion and I are getting along pretty well, and I honestly don't know what's going to happen this transfer. It's possible that we both stay here, but I don't think so. I think that there's a better chance of him leaving, but who knows!

Have a great week! I love you guys!

2 Nephi 9: 41-43

-Elder Radmall





Questions:

Dad: Yeah, but the appointments are at lunch time, because that's the big meal of the day here.  (Do you have regular dinner appointments set at church?)

Mom: Some eat turkey, but according to our investigators, a lot of them are going to eat Posoli.  (What are the traditional foods eaten at Christmas in Mexico?)

Holly: As missionaries we don't really go into depth about the 2nd Coming with our investigators but, the signs are being completed. In my personal opinion, it's very close. Nobody knows the time or the hour, but before I got to the mission, the other mission president felt the impression to say in a missionary meeting that many of the sisters and elders present, would be alive during the 2nd Coming. I also have felt the impression multiple times that it's close. Make sure that you keep holding on the iron rod, so that you're prepared to meet your Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ.  (How hard is it for your investigators to comprehend the second coming and how fast it is approaching?)

Sam: The great food!  (What are you looking forward to the most on Christmas besides talking to us?)

Dylan: Ha-ha! the food. I love it!  (What is your favorite thing about Christmas in Mexico?)

No comments:

Post a Comment