Monday, December 18, 2017

Monday December 18th, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Holly's 17th birthday is tomorrow)
and GREAT JOB SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Samuel had a solo in his band concert)



This week was pretty good! Well, first off, my toe continues to improve, with transfers........ we're both stay here for at least another transfer. We've been working with an elderly couple for a little while, and this week we invited them both to baptism and they both accepted. The husband's name is Antonio and his wife's name is Juaquina. Their baptismal date is the 27th of January.




So, earlier this week, we were on the bus, and when we got off we started to walk to our next appointment when we heard someone yelling at us from behind. When we turned around we saw a lady standing there waiting for us to return. When we returned she told us that she felt like she needed to talk to us so she got off the bus early. She's going through a really hard time with her kids, her husband, and drugs, and she was asking for some advice on what to do. We started to teach her about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Tree of Life vision, applying it to her life. Her husband won't let us come by her house, but we gave her our phone number and we're hoping she calls us soon. It was a really cool experience.

Elder Antonio studying

We have an investigator named Soar who works in a hotel as a waiter. He told me that there are some Americans that work there but in a different department. I guess they try to sell some things, but the main idea is that they make a lot of money. He told me that I should get a job there after my mission since I know Spanish and English to make some money. It could be good, but I'd kinda like to stick around Idaho!

Wrapped presents from home under his tree!!






















We also have two other investigators named Ever and Teresa who are progressing like crazy! They read the introduction to the Book of Mormon, and when we asked them about it, they remembered who the Nephites were, the Lamanites, the Jaredites, Joseph Smith, the 8 Witnesses, and everything. Right now we're working on getting them married. They have the desire, so we're just helping them along the way. Ever even talked to his boss to get Sundays off so he can go to church! They were a huge blessing!

Alma 32:15

Have a great week!

-Elder Radmall



Questions:

Dad: It's really made me think on the changes I've made in my life, and how I can better my own life. It's really strengthened my testimony of the Atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. (How has seeing change in others, changed you?)

Mom:  We've been doing a lot of service and giving out contact cards with the name of the video and the webpage for Light the World.  (In what ways have you been able to participate in the Light the World initiative?)

Holly: Getting family and friends together and eating a ton of delicious food :)  (Tell me about your favorite Mexican tradition at Christmas?)

Sam: No.  ( Do you and your companion exchange gifts?)

Dylan: ummm if you can, A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, if not, Nearer My God to Thee  (What hymn would you like me to play for you on the violin when we Skype on Christmas?)

No comments:

Post a Comment