Saturday, July 30, 2016

Wednesday July 27th, 2016

Hey!
     This week has been a pretty good week, but it went by so fast! I wish my Español was better, but I guess it'll come with time. I'm really excited to go to Culiacan, but it's gonna suck leaving these guys behind. We've come to be really close. There are a lot of meetings I have to go to this week! I leave on Monday at 5:30 a.m. We had some awesome fried chicken this week! Not as good as mom's, but it was still pretty good! (Editors Note: Mom is smiling)

      I went to the Temple again today, which was nice. So, every Sunday we watch an LDS movie, and I've been trying to convince the MTC President to let us watch 17 Miracles, so hopefully. Elder Meadows got a package this week, he was super excited! I still haven't gotten Brother Kellogg's letter yet. If you guys sent any letters this week, I haven't gotten them. (Editors Note: Dad was able to chat back and forth with Forest when his email came through, so he was able to re-send the letters he didn't get!) 

     We were told that we have to take a Spanish Test to get out of here, so I'm a little nervous for that, but we've been told by other missionaries that it's pretty easy. Yesterday we went to Hermano Pavia's soccer game, which was fun, it was against Hermano Ortiz. Pavia scored a goal, and Ortiz had an awesome bicycle kick. Ortiz also got a red card for sticking his hand out to block a shot haha! Yesterday we were told that this MTC received 400 new missionaries. 120 of them were supposed to come here, and the rest came from Chile and Peru MTCs. I guess they're remodeling them. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, that's a lot of missionaries here! It's been fun to find scriptures in the Bible, that are answered in the Book of Mormon. Read John 10:16, then 3 Nephi 15:2. I'm having an awesome time out here! Hopefully you guys are having fun too! I think my P-Day in Culiacan is Monday. I love you!

(Editors Note: Here are some of the emails Dad and Forest exchanged on Wednesday)

(Dad)
 So sorry, you didn't get our letters, we sent some, but the company said they were having issues.

(Forest) 
That's ok. I got some from both sets of grandparents, which was nice. Hopefully they get here before I leave. Sorry I didn't get any pics this week.

(Dad) 
Good luck on your Test, We love ya kid, I hope you'll be able to email us when you get in Field. 

(Forest)
I'm pretty sure I arrive on my P-Day, so hopefully I get to email. and Thanks!

(Dad)
So how much time do you get on the computer today, chatting with you is awesome. I miss being able to talk to you.

(Forest)
We're supposed to take an hour, but it doesn't kick you off, you just can't log back on after you log off. Yeah! It sucks not being able to just talk to you! How's work been going?

(Dad)
I'm sending you the letters you didn't get!

(Forest)
Thanks for sending it! I can't access my blog here, but I probably will be able to once I get to Culiacan. We wash our stuff together to save on laundry soap. Sundays are awesome! We have a lot of devotionals. I have not had to speak yet, but since this Sunday is my last, and I'm the Zone Leader, I probably will get called on. This is my last P-Day. I leave on Monday at 5:30 in the morning. My Spanish scriptures are separate, and they're black. I did not get to choose. Hopefully you and Sam had fun at Bradley!

(Dad)
How long till your hour is up...HAHAHA, and if  you don't pass the test how much longer would you stay?

(Forest)
I'll stay here until everybody is done, so I'm not sure how much longer that will be. And I'm not sure how much long I'd have to stay. I've heard 1 week and I've heard 2 weeks. Hopefully I pass and it's 0 weeks! haha

(Dad)
You'll pass, trust in the Lord, I love being able to talk to you, Sam says Hi as does Dylan. How's the weather?

(Forest)
Hey guys! The weather isn't too bad. It gets a little hot during that afternoon, but the evenings are nice and cool. Everybody else thinks it's cold, but I think it's perfect!

(Dad)
Well, we've been checking the weather in Culiacan, and it's HOT! Mom and Holly are at camp, I'll see them tomorrow. Do you need anything?

(Forest)
No. I wanted some shorts. Like plaid ones, but not plaid if that makes sense. They're like the 5:11's but in shorts. They were like $5 in the Tienda, so I just bought them here. What's the temp in Culiacan?

(Dad)
Temp is 106 but feels like 125!!!!! Sam wants to tell you, he went on a horse ride in the south hills 15 miles with Grandpa Tucker, he had a great time.

(Forest)
That's awesome bud! I was just thinking about how I wish grandpa would take you guys on horse rides! I miss it so much! That temperature is crazy! I'm gonna melt away! That is soooo hot!

(Dad)
Wouldn't it be cool if Clark Atkins was your trainer? (Editors Note: Our Stake President's son is serving in Culiacan Mexico too!)

(Forest)
I don't know if I want Atkins as my trainer or not. I really want to be his companion, but I kinda want a Latino Companion who doesn't speak English, so I have to speak Spanish. 

(Dad)
Yes, I agree you need a latino trainer. Brother Ward is so proud of you, he loved the story of you cracking that kids knuckles! (Editors Note: Brother Andrew Ward is one of Forest's heros in our Ward)

(Forest)
Haha that's awesome! I have to go. I'll talk to you guys next week! I love you!


Love,
Elder Radmall



No comments:

Post a Comment