Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday September 19, 2016


Hey guys! 
     I have not received the package yet. Our Zone Leaders have to pick it up at the offices. I'll ask them about it tonight. 

     I'm getting along really well with my companion. We have different personalities, but it's working out. On our first day doing language study this past week, we started with the basics, which was good because nobody ever taught me them. Since then I can understand almost everything in the lessons, say just about whatever I want, but I have a hard time writing Spanish and understanding it when people are talking to us in the streets. 

     We met a guy on the street who lived in New York City for 5 years, so he spoke decent English. He was super drunk! haha He told me (In English) that "God was going to kill him because he drank too much beer!) Sadly, we didn't have a Word of Wisdom pamphlet with us haha

     I think I learned the reason why I couldn't send pictures home. I guess I had a virus on my card. It let me see and take pictures, but as soon as I plugged it into the computer, it erased them. So I took the card to a guy, and he cleanded it up. So we'll see if it works now. ( Editors Note: get a new card kid, the pictures are still messed up!)




( A Sister in their area gives the Missionaries free haircuts)




     The other day we ate at Hermana Fina's house. She's in her 70s and is a widow. She's awesome! She was telling us that she loves to dance to music, and she started dancing in her chair! haha



     Elder Vargas brought some music from home, even some pop songs from the States. I was able to tell him that on our missions we leave that stuff behind. And I explained how exact obedience brings miracles, and that our investigators need miracles. (All in Spanish)  It took more explaining than that, but that was the jist of it.

     I have pictures of a ball that the Ricci family gave me. I wrote different aspects of the Gospel on each piece, with prayer (oraciòn) being the last piece that holds everything together. I think Hermana Ricci's name is Amalia, she has two daughters: Maryanna (16) and Yolanda (12?)

     We have a meeting tonight and I have to bear my testimony, and give the closing prayer so hopefully I don't mess up! haha

     We also moved houses. Our new address is Col. Los Arcos 3455 Arco Maya     I also counted the letters I received in the CCM 23! That's crazy! (Editors Note: if sending letters please send them to the mission home as it takes awhile for Forest to recieve them)

(Editors Note: Answers from questions the siblings had)

     The hardest part of the day is probably waking up early. The dress here is pretty americanized. To email, we go to a Ciber, which is just a hole in the wall place that has computers. Most of them don't have a printer. The Riccis have 4 dogs. The dad walks in the street and sells cheese for work. I love you guys!

Elder Radmall

I have a ton of pictures to send you now. The internet is being extremely slow, so I'll have to send most of them a different time. Sorry

(Editors Note: That's a big butterfly!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment