Monday, April 3, 2017


Monday April 3rd, 2017

Hey guys!

This week started out quite interesting. On Tuesday we had splits with the Zone Leaders. Usually I go with one of them, and Elder Hernandez with the other. But this time Elder Slocum had to go with the Assistants to the President, so we were in a trio with Elder Cancino.  We were standing outside her house talking to one of their investigators for a little while, then we were invited in. It was about a 45 minute lesson that Elder Cancino and I taught.  We taught about faith and repentance. The investigator was really receptive and had really good questions. 

Later in the day, we were crossing a street, and this guy stopped his truck and started yelling at us. He was saying that Americans are killing Mexicans and that Elder Cancino and Elder Hernandez need to run. That's the jist of it anyway. There were quite a few cuss words mixed in there as well. I thought it was kinda funny, but it was also a good reminder that I need to watch my back since there are people here who aren't American friendly.

We also have an investigator named Lucrecia. One time that we went to teach her this week, she was busy, but her grand-daughter that lives with her wants to learn English. Her name is Daniela and is about 6. We've had a couple lessons, but this time I had Elder Hernandez take a little video of part of it.





On Thursday, we had splits with Elder Meadows and Elder Calvo. This time I went with Elder Meadows. It was a really good day! We had 9 contacts, 7 lessons, and 4 new investigators. We work really well together! 


Elder Radmall and Elder Meadows












Burger King with Elder Meadows, Elder Calvo, Elder Radmall, and Elder Hernandez


We also had a lesson with Mario. It was a really strange lesson. He told us about 10 times that we're the best friends he's ever had. The sad part was that he was really drunk. He was slurring his words and drooling. So that was sad.

This General Conference was the best conference I've had. I felt the Spirit so strong! There was a lot about the Plan of Salvation, and the Holy Ghost. I just want to share a couple quotes that I really liked.

"If we are not rooted in Christ, the pains of this world will destroy us" -Ulisses Soares

"Do not lose you faith because of people around you" -Yoon Hwan Choi


The Elders that watched General Conference in the same building.

Elder Gummow (from Gilbert, Arizona) and Elder Radmall watching General Conference in the clerks office in English in Culiacan, Mexico.


I also really liked what Elder Bednar said about missionary work. That we are called to the work, and assigned to  an area. The place we serve doesn't  matter as much as the work we do.

This week was pretty good! I love you guys! Have an awesome week!

-Elder Radmall





Questions:

Dad: Conference. The Spirit I felt during conference was incredible! I was also able to watch it in English with Elder Gummow from Gilbert, Arizona.  (What touched your life the most this week?)

Mom: I really liked how much they talked about the Holy Ghost and how we need to follow the prompting the first time.  (What did you like best out of General Conference?)

Holly: That it doesn't matter who you are or what  you've done. Everyone can change. The changes I've seen in some people are incredible!  (What is the best life lesson that you have learned so far on your mission?)

Sam: It's  going to impact me and my future family and those around me immensely! Awesome prank by the way! hahaha  (How do you think your mission will impact you for the rest of your life?)

Dylan: No too much now. We drink a lot more of a juice type drink now.  (How much Coke do you drink?)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know which is cuter- Forest teaching Daniela or Daniela. Ok, ok, it's Daniela but only by a smidge. Soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete