Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday April 24th, 2017

Hey guys!

This week was quite a bit slower. We're really close to the beach, and I think 90% of Navolato went there. There weren't hardly anybody in the streets! Contacting was quite difficult, but we made one contact, that was 100% by the Spirit. There's a little plaza in part of the city, and we went there to go contacting. We weren't sure who to go talk to. Elder Arzate looked at me and said, what do you think? I said a little prayer, and said him. An older guy in a cowboy hat, and a button down shirt. So we went over to go talk to him. We found out that he's been divorced for quite a while, and feels really lonely. We shared a little bit about faith, and prayer, and then made an appointment to go visit him. Oh, we also left him a pamplet to read. So, a few days later we went to his house to visit him. He was sitting outside, waiting for us. We taught lesson 3, which is faith, repentance, baptism, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. He had read his pamplet, and rememberred it, and understood it extremely well. During the lesson, we felt prompted to invite him to be baptized. He accepted! His baptismal date is the 3rd of June. We invited him to go to church with us, and he went! He loved it. He said that it doesn't matter if we get transferred, he wants to continue going to church. He's an amazing investigator!













We also were able to invite someone else to be baptized. Her name is Isabell. She was an investigator before we got here, but we taught lesson 2, the Plan of Salvation, with the kit, thanks! She understood it perfectly, and accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 6th of May. She also went to church yesterday. It was a pretty good week, just a little slow with contacting.

Earlier this week, we got asked to go visit an elderly lady who's been a member for quite a while, but her health is failing, and wanted us to visit her. When we got there, she started telling us about her family, then she started crying, and told us that she has planned her whole funeral, right down to what hymns will be sung. She asked us to give her a blessing, and I had the opportunity to give it to her. During the blessing I felt prompted to say "You have completed your purpose here on the earth". It scared me to death to say that, but as soon as I said it, I felt the Spirit super strong! It was an amazing experience. 

Two days ago, our Bishop's father passed away in his home, which has been a little tough for them. We went to visit them with Hermano Francisco, which is who we live with. We were with the family for about an hour, and we helped them put the body in the casket. It was amazing to me to see the difference in the reactions of those who have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, and those who don't. Life doesn't end with death, and I think I realized that more than I ever have before this week. 

I forgot to say that I got the packages, but no letters from the siblings.







Elder Radmall FINALLY received his Easter packages!!!


All in all, it was a pretty good week! I love you guys! Have a great week!

-Elder Radmall


Sandal is due to another in-grown toenail.



                                         
A bike ride just outside Navolato, Mexico.


Dad: Yes and yes. We communicate pretty well. We talk about whatever we want. My Spanish has improved quite a bit. He told me that I can speak Spanish, I just need a few minor corrections. And a bigger vocab haha  (Do you guys have companionship study, and can you communicate good with him?)

Mom: Yeah, it costs about 12 pesos for an hour.  (When you email from a ciber, does it cost you anything?  How does that work?)

Holly: There are regular grocery stores, and some little corner markets as well.  (What is grocery shopping like in Mexico...regular grocery stores?)

Sam: They have the same candy as we do, but they also have some Mexican candy. Honestly, I don't remember what they're called, but I'll try to remember for next week.  (What kind of candy and gum do you have there and what is your favorite?)

Dylan: I really like to little corner stores, because they're everywhere! Whenever we need something, we can just go.  (Describe the other stores in your area...what is your favorite one and why?)

No comments:

Post a Comment