Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Monday May 1st, 2017

Hey guys!

This week was okay. We splits two times which sucked. On Tuesday we went to work in our District Leader's area. I went with Elder Buitrago, and Elder Arzate went with Elder Macias. We had a pretty good time, it just sucked not being able to work in our area. It's an hour bus ride to their area, so we spent the night there. In the morning that I started working with Elder Buitrago, we tried to make a contact with this older guy who was sitting outside of his house. We started to just talk with him about things, and then Elder Buitrago asked him if he believed in God, and he said, "I believe more in the devil, because he's more powerful." I was like, why do you think the devil is more powerful than God? and he said, "Because I've seen a lot of the things that the devil has done, but I've never seen a miracle done by God." It was one of the weirdest moments of my mission. That night I read a talk by Larry R. Lawrence entitled "The War Goes On", and it talked about that contact. It was awesome! This talk is amazing! It talks about how we can better resist the temptations of Satan. I encourage all of you to read it!

On Wedensday, we had splits with our Zone Leaders. Elder Arzate went with Elder Slocum, and Elder Pizarro worked with me here in Navolato. It was an okay day. I wasn't feeling super great and we had a lot of appointments fall through, but we made quite a few contacts. He was really quiet which was weird. Unless you asked him a question, he wouldn't talk, so that was a little difficult. He's been in the mission for 21 months.

One of our investigators, Isabel, is progressing a ton! She wants to get baptized, and is ready, but just needs to get divorced. She awesome though! 

She goes to church every Sunday, reads the pamphlets, and the Book of Mormon, prays, and invites to eat dinner.  haha  She's about 38 and has 2 little boys.  

There's a family in this ward who helps us a ton! The EspaƱa family. Whenever we need help, they always help us, whether that's with food, the bathroom (really important haha) a drink of water, everything! This week we helped them quite a bit with cleaning their patio, and putting up a cover above a small pool. Their boy just turned 11 this week, so we got invited over to eat cake since we helped them get their patio and pool ready. 

Earlier this week, I ate the best food I've had on my mission so far! It was amazing! They were fish tacos, but way better than the ones I've had before. The guacamole was amazing! I ate 5 flour tacos, and 2 corn tacos. It was a ton! But it was amazing! 

I love you guys! Have a great week!

-Elder Radmall

p.s. sorry, no pics this week....

Questions:

Dad: We don't do much. Elder Arzate and I talk a lot about deep doctrine stuff, which I enjoy.  (What fun things do you guys do back at the apartment, games? anything?)

Mom: Gardens like ours, they don't really have, but they have gardens where they just plant stuff. Lots of stuff that have needles.  (What kinds of things do they plant in their gardens in Mexico?)

Holly: It's really helped me find out the different gifts that I have, and how I can apply them to help other people. ( How has your patriarchal blessing helped you on your mission?)

Sam: All the farm fields. I love them! haha  (What is the biggest/coolest difference between your last area and this one?) 

Dylan: None, we can't even go to museums right now.  (What cool historical places have you seen?)



No comments:

Post a Comment