Monday, January 16, 2017




January, 16 2017



Elder Radmall feeling the weight of the World!


Hey guys!


     This week was crazy hard! But first, transfers. Elder Hernandez and I are staying here for at least one more transfer, but he is now the District Leader. Elder Atkins is now in Mazatlan, and Elder Meadows is training a new guy.

     So this week... Usually in one day we have about 2 or 3 appointments fall through, but on Thursday, we had 11 fall through! The whole week was like that, it was really hard! Wendy and Camila are progressing. We're thinking that they'll get baptized sometime this week.

     I forgot to mention last week that I received two letters from Grandma Tucker. One from 11-8, and one from 11-26. I also received one this week from 12-9. Also this week, I received a letter from the Kolsens from 11-11. Thanks for all the suppport!

     I also forgot to tell about the meeting we had last week. It was supposed to last 5 hours, but ended up lasting 8 hours! We got a new schedule. 

The old schedule: 

6:30-8:00   wake up, eat, shower, pray, exercise
8-9: Peronal Study
9-10: Companionship study
10-10:30 or 11: Language study
10:30 or 11-9 or 9:30: Proselyte
30 minutes for lunch
9 or 9:30-10:30: eat, write in journal, pray, sleep



The humidity is killing his scriptures


New schedule:

6:30: wake up
Pray and exercise (30min)
shower, eat, plan (30min)
Go to a park, or public place
Personal Study: 1hr
Companionship study: 30min
Language study: 30min
Lunch: 1hr
10-9 or 9:30: Proselyte
9 or 9:30: write in journal, pray, eat, sleep

     So, earlier this week, we got a reference to go teach this family. They were all adult females, but only one really talked. And she was just bashing the Book of Mormon, and saying that the Bible is the Word of God, and that we don't need any other scripture. No matter what Elder Hernandez and I said, or whatever scripture we shared, she just wouldn't accept it. At the end of the visit I felt impressed to share this example with her: "As you know, I'm from Idaho, and Idaho is famous for potatoes. So, let's say that we're sitting at this table eating potatoes, you're eating potatoes from here in Culiacan, and I'm eating potatoes from Idaho. And I say these Idaho potatoes are really good, you should try some. If you don't try them, you won't know if they're good or not, but if you do try them, then you'll know for yourself. It's the same with the Book of Mormon. If you don't read it, and ask God if it's true, you'll never know if it is or not. You've read the Bible, and you know its true. We invite you to read the Book of Mormon so you can know for yourself if it's true. I have read it, and I know it's true. I know it.

     She didn't know what to say. It was awesome! I was conjugating words I didn't even know. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've had. We gave her a Book of Mormon, and she said she'd read it.

I love you guys! 
-Elder Radmall


Forest found a cool old car!


Our questions answered:

Dad: It's a lot smaller! We don't even have benches. We sit on chairs, then stack them once Sacrament is over. (How is church different in Mexico?)

Mom: Lesson one. We teach it a lot, but I love teaching it because the whole church rests on that lesson. (What is your favorite lesson to teach?)

Holly: In this area I just have it cut in a haircutting place haha we don't have a member that cuts hair in this area. (Who cuts your hair?)

Sam: Drive the truck. (What is the first thing you want to do when you get home?)

Dylan: five. (How many investigators do you have right now?)


One more of Elder Radmall getting his toe fixed up


No comments:

Post a Comment