Thursday, August 3, 2017

Monday July 31st, 2017

Hey guys! This week was pretty good! First off, a really funny experience. So there we were.... contacting in the City Park, and this guy walked up to and started talking to me in perfect English which was weird, I usually have to talk really slow for people to understand me, but not with him. He was obviously drugged up, so he was hyperactive, swinging his arms, walking around, and he had a good size rock in his hand. So I started to talk to him in English, and I asked him if he believed in God, and he said, "I believe in rock." It was all I could do not to laugh. He then showed me that his rock had gold in it, and then he left. It was hilarious!

A member who's working on the dirt bike from the 70's.  The throttle doesn't work so, he's using a cable.




We started teaching this guy named Abel. When he was a kid he went to the Apostolic Church, and liked it, but the church changed, and he never went back. He started drinking, and some strange, but cool things have happened to him. He told us that he quite drinking some time ago, and is now looking for a church to go to. We taught him Lesson 3 which talks about faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. He said that it all made sense and he accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 26 of August. He also went to church yesterday. He's a mechanic, and he likes to invent things and such. The member that has the jeep is good friends with Abel, and they have plans to do a lot to the jeep. Abel gave me some good ideas for my jeep. The jeep that Jaime has is the 86 model, which is the model that I want.

We also have another investigator that accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 19 of August. Her name is Virginia and her husband is a member. This morning we went and helped them paint their house. The work here is progressing a ton!

I love you guys! Have a great week!

-Elder Radmall


(These videos are from an email that Forest sent for his Tucker Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary.)




Questions:

Dad: Yeah, more than anything they want to visit their American companions and see some things of the church.  ( Do any of your fellow Native Missionaries have desires to visit the United States, and do they want to know what life is like here in the States?)

Mom: About one a day, but they usually don´t speak to well, and I have to speak slowly. It´s actually hard for me to speak in English.  ( How many, if any, people that you talk to speak English?)

Holly: You can see some, but not like back home.  (  Can you see the stars at night, or are the street lights too bright?)

Sam: I loved being way back in the mountains., but the fish didn't bite when we went.  ( What was your favorite and least favorite thing about Moose Lake?)

Dylan: A lot. And not very many accept... :(  ( How many people do you invite to hear the Gospel every day?)


No comments:

Post a Comment